TRY IT! Pottery Wheel Class - Please READ entire description!
Join us for a 2 hour wheel class - you will learn how to center your clay on the wheel and create a bowl/vessel. Try it classes are great for all levels - Class includes instruction, demonstration and the basics for beginning to use the wheel. You will prepare your clay and learn to properly clean and care for the wheel. Please dress for a mess and bring a towel for your lap - long hair should be tied up - no jewelry - please remove all rings, watches, bracelets before coming to the studio.
Firing your piece is NOT included in the $35 price - This is a true TRY IT Class. You can make as many pieces as you like in the allotted time - There is a $20 firing/glazing fee for each piece. This fee includes firing to bisque, return visit to glaze, and the glaze firing. Clay must have plenty of time to dry slowly so as not to crack - it takes approximately 7 to 10 days for pieces to dry then another 3 days for firing. You will return in approximately 2 weeks to glaze your piece. All pots are held for 30 days after bisque firing - NO EXCEPTIONS.
NOW ONLY $35 per person - No refunds or rescheduling of classes due to limited class size and availability. This class is open to ages 12+ and Adults
Safety in the Pottery Studio
1. Always follow the instructions of your teacher.
2. Students will not load, unload or operate the pottery kilns.
3. Keep hair tied back.
4. Do not wear articles of clothing or jewelry that hang off the body.
5. Do not wear open toed or open heeled footwear (i.e., flip-flops, sandals or clogs) in the pottery studio.
6. Do not use any equipment without an instructor present.
7. All completed work must be picked up from Paint ‘n Fun Ceramics no later than 6 weeks after the student’s final class. Paint ‘n Fun Ceramics is not responsible for any work left longer than 6 weeks. It is the student’s responsibility to pick up their work.